Thursday, August 29, 2013

ROAR with your Babies!


It’s time to teach Caroline how to ROAR! Thanks to Katy Perry for the means to dance and ROAR! Upcoming album…  #Prism #Stoked

Today, Caroline is 11 months old. Wow! Time flies. I know every parent says the same thing, but it’s so true. I already get weepy thinking about the day she will leave the house. All right, mom… I now understand why you always cry every time we leave Austin.

Caroline is growing leaps and bounds on many levels. I’m a proud daddy. I have the best job in the entire world. I get to stay at home and sing silly songs with my nugget. We have our traditional “Taco Tuesday” at  Adelita’s. I am blessed at the park every day watching her explore, meet new little friends, eat sand and laugh out loud on the swing or merry-go-round. Every morning, we get up at 6:30am, drink a bottle and cuddle in bed, feed the dogs, and then I make us eggs with some fruit! After exploring the living room, a little dance party with Katy Perry or Daft Punk, some stuffed animal play and perhaps a reading of “Hop on Pop”, we take our 8am moring walk where I get to pray out loud and speak Scriptures over Caroline. It’s a beautiful routine… all before 9am!

It struck me today as we were taking our morning walk… Kids in Syria are deeply hurting this morning. Families are weeping in war- torn countries. Children in Haiti and other 3rd world countries are hungry and thirsty right NOW (To learn more about water issues in Haiti, go HERE! and donate, HERE! or HERE!). 

Many of my old little friends in Dominica don’t have a dad who will teach them the basics of life (To learn more about In.Light.In, the children's outreach program I started in Dominica, go HERE!.) 

Thousands of orphans in Russia are not being held. Many babies in the poorer, urban areas don’t have a father who will rock them to sleep and sing silly songs. A family in Austin just lost their little boy in a car accident (To help out the Nomura family today, go HERE!). The victims of Sandy Hook are still grieving the loss of their 5-year-old baby boys and girls.

I say all of this not to make us sad and depressed, nor to guilt and shame us go give toward a special cause, although these facts should make us prayerfully somber and missionaly active to some degree. I remind us of these situations so that we will learn to be more grateful for the opportunities we’ve been given each new day. Ever day is a gift. Every second we are able to spend with our child is heaven on earth. The glory of the LORD radiates through every meal, dance party, journey to the park, walk along the road and reading session.


Today, pray for those in other countries and families in America who are hurting due to sudden loss or “daddy”/ “mommy” issues. If you don’t have a child, spend some time today loving on a child or encouraging a parent who needs it.

Build up! Don’t tear down…

…& always, ROAR!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment